THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Linley

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Gracyn

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Callyn

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Home?

We've been on vacation. The longest vacation we've ever been on since we've been married. We saw a ton of family and friends. It was amazing, but something really strange happened. We went back to North Augusta and Sweetwater and it felt like we'd only been gone for a couple weeks. Honestly. It was almost like the last two years hadn't happened. We were just back home. I've never experienced anything like that feeling before. I talked to my mom about it and she said that there is just something about that first place you live. When we were pulling up to our house in Marion, it was just our final destination. It didn't have that same feeling. Now don't get me wrong, I love our house in Marion. It's the first house we've bought, I've decorated it with my touches, it has all my stuff, but it didn't elicit that same emotional response.


That got me thinking... good. I'm glad I'm realizing it's not my permanent home. First off, we're selling this house in the next couple months and that's a little hard for me. This is the only home Gracyn's lived in. We brought her home from the hospital here. Both girls started walking here. There are tons of memories here, but I'm realizing moving won't change that. I think most importantly though, the whole realizing this isn't home reinforced the idea that no where here is home. Anyone remember that old song, "This world is not my home. I'm just a passing through"? Haha... yeah, I've heard it a thousand times. I've even took comfort in the words, but it feels in the last couple weeks, I now understand the song. And you know what... it's quite the comfort :)

This vacation brought on a bunch of revelations in my life. It was awesome. I'm going to blog about the next one hopefully soon. Look for Faith vs. Denial. I hope I'll be able to put it down in words about that conversation, because let me tell you it was a great one!

0 comments: